Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Julie sent me this Book meme a while ago, and I have been pondering on it...

1. You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451; which book do you want to be? Well, it has been a very long time since I read this one...I think I'd have to say one of the Ursula Le Guin novels, maybe Left Hand of Darkness, for the very different worlds and people that exist there. Diversity is the spice of being good.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Yes, but I can't think which...Ah yes.I'm currently thinking anthropomorphically...Elyne Mitchell wrote stories about brumbies (wild horses) which I read endlessly when I was 10 or so, so I wanted to be a brumby mare and run in Thowra's herd. (I know, weird shit.) Possibly also Skarp-Hedin from 'Njal's Saga' 'cos he reminded me of someone else. And lots of Ursula Le Guin's blokes in general.

3. Last book(s) you read? Jasper Fforde Something Rotten was the last new book I read...no I lie..it was Kerry Greenwood "Heavenly Pleasures"

4. What are you currently reading? Lots of re-reading....various Bill Bryson ("Made in America" "Notes From a Big Country"), "Clan of the Cave Bear", Ursula Le Guin "Changing Planes"

5. Five books you would take to a desert island? Lynne Reid Banks "The L-Shaped Room" which I can stand re-reading a fair bit. Probably The Lord of the Rings which I haven't bothered to read for ages, but keep meaning to. Maybe some Austen (I've never read any!). King James Bible. Good Poems, or whatever it is called - collected by Garrison Keillor.

Who are you going to pass this stick to and why? Dunno....Willow? I would like see more of where her head is at. I'll keep thinking on who else I'd like to hear from, or if you have a burning desire to answer, leave me a comment!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?