Thursday, April 21, 2005

Today's activities


100_0012
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
Lunch at the local food court was the first adventure of the day, followed by a visit to the science centre. The first stop there is always the mechanical dinosaur exhibit, paying particular attention to the mother with the nest of eggs and hatchlings, and the T-Rex, noticing today that it has a tooth missing "where it bit the triceratops" says D'Arcy.

There is a new exhibit for 0-6 year olds where they can explore scientific stuff without noticing. A particular favourite was the shop area - a bakery complete with aprons, plastic food, and a cash register. The place was packed (school hols) so there were lots of customers and co-workers in the bakery. There was a vet's surgery, water play, a climbing frame for gross motor development, a buliding area, and a sensory room. We spent hours there, and I reckon we'll be back. Fortunately I took out membership today which gets us in free and gets us discounts at the shop and a few other perks. Well worth it, if you think you'll go often enough.

Most of the other exhibits are a bit beyond him at the moment, but we do like to wander through and see what there is. All up it was a surprisingly relaxed afternoon, and they had to throw us out at closing.

I have some photos, but not very good ones, I'll have to do some editing and see if there are any worth posting. I am currently confused about how to make them small enough to upload over the phone line, so I emailled them to myself first (go iPhoto) and then sent them to Flickr, though I remember that I can email them direct, I think. Bugger. I wish it wasn't so late!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?