Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Well, goodness, I have been busy. Too busy to post.

Something that I read on Kill the Goat reminded me that D'Arcy has been a dinosaur for some weeks. Called Neera. Based on the Disney Dinosaurs movie I think. He has two, soon to be three, hatchlings. This is the fourth round of fantasy play babies he has had - first was some lion cubs when he was Kiara, then some seal pups when he was Arcto the seal, then some more cubs when he was Kovu and mated to Vitani. Now he has dinosaur babies. He seems very interested in not being a boy at the moment, but I can't quite get to the bottom of it. It is one of those murky places you hit as a parent where you wonder what is going on?. Any other mums of boys got any hints?

He's been with Nick since Friday night, as I went to Melbourne for the weekend, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him. I want to see if he likes mangosteens, which I think are fabulous, but may be an acquired taste. I fed him lychees when they were in season, but after the first one he said I only like to lick them and handed me the fluffy remains.

One of his favourite movies right now is the classic Storm Boy and he especially likes the character of Fingerbone, see previous post on interest about indigenous characters. Which also reminds me, the word that D'Arcy was singing in 'Black Kids of Australia' was supposed to be Wiradjuri....And I just did a Google search for Johnny Huckle and came back with a few thousand hits! The man is good.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?