Monday, May 30, 2005

Artwork 2, and an apology of sorts


Artwork
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
Julie commented in the comments section that it (was then) 10 days since my last update. I started to write a reply, but rapidly noticed that it was turning into a blog entry, so here we are...

Julie, patience mate. As mentioned in the slack arse update, I've been working 10 hour shifts which leave me unable to do anything, and then picking up D'Arcy and still having no sleep. To prove the point I now have a cold as a result of finally having a day off on Sunday - you know the theory, slow down and suddenly you get sick. So I am sitting in bed this afternoon having not worked 10 hours and trying not to fall asleep so that I can go to bed early...

Which is as far as I got before I realised that I needed to write an entry. Often it seems too hard to update, that I don't have anything to say, or any new photos, but now all my excuses are worn out. In fact, there was an event about which I did want to write, though it was very small. It did have my mum in stitches, as she heard the encounter over the phone. It went like this...

I had asked D'Arcy to close the bathroom door to conserve heat, which he did, without incident, or so I thought until I went to go to the dunny some time later, and found the door inexplicably locked. After fiddling with it for some time, it became obvious that it really was locked, and not easily fixable. I rang mum, after doing my block at D'Arcy, to see if she had any solutions up her sleeve. It's the kind of privacy latch that you're supposed to be able to open from the outside with a screwdriver, but not in this case. While mum was making suggestions, and I was resorting to taking the entire door-handle off and sticking the screwdriver in the works, D'Arcy came up with what he thought was a plausible explanation for the failure of the lock... "perhaps someone came and put glue in it, while we were asleep"

Sadly no new photos in existence, but some thoughts on artwork to offer...

So this pic is called 'this monkey has lots of ears'. I think all the purple circles to the left are the ears and the purple and green concentric circles are the monkey.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?