Monday, June 20, 2005

The Recurrence of Representational Drawing


artwork
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
After a 12 month break we have pictures of things again. Here we have two dinosaurs. The paler one is Shorty, an apatasaurus. Note the extra leg 'in case one falls off'. The darker one is Spike, a stegasaurus with lots of spikes on its back. Both are characters from one of the Land Before Time movies. D'Arcy can't understand why it is that I don't like it. How can you explain to a 4 and a half year old that the dialogue is crap and the role models suck?

I love his pics - he also did one for his Aunty's birthday card, dinosaurs and a picture of her...a big head/body with really long arms with lots of fingers and long legs with lots of toes, and a face of eyes and mouth. I'm so thrilled at this whole phase, and have been looking forward to it almost since he was born, and now we're in it again. I also love that it started and then stopped again. Child development is so fascinating. As a sometime linguist, I kept a dictionary/diary of his language acquisition, so when I look back I know how many new words he learnt in a week, and at what age. That data is all in his dad's computer, but I can get it on a disc (and should) it is fascinating reading for a mother!

So, a very gushy post, forgive me, but I am very in love with my son. He rocks my world.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?