Saturday, September 10, 2005

Snail Studies 1001


Snail Studies 1001
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
It's been raining a lot - well, kind of - and as I was digging in the garden this arvo, I noticed that D'Arcy had wandered off and was no longer 'helping' me. On further investigation, I noticed that he'd found a snail and was watching it intently, and talking to it (asking it how it was going, specifically). He picked it up and watched it retract into its shell, noticed that if he held it still it would emerge and he could see it better. He wanted it to make 'a shiny silvery trail' a la the snail in his 'Grug' book, but to no avail, but it did slither along very satisfactorily on the wet cardboard I was using to keep the garden damp. All up, a good investigative half hour.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to sunny Melbourne (ha!) to catch The Mountain Goats as they play the antipodes. They're doing two shows, perhaps I should go to both! D'Arcy is jealous as anything.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?