Monday, October 31, 2005

cake


cake
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
D'Arcy has just turned 5 and had his party on Sunday. He wanted a Batman cake, so my task was set. Annoyingly I couldn't find any of the gel stuff to decorate cakes, especially I couldn't find any in black. So I turned to liquorice to make the logo. Looked good in the end, but made the cake hard to cut, I had to take the logo off. The other disaster was that when it came to ice it, I had to pay the hippy tax. I'd bought some unrefined icing sugar, which looked great, but when I added the liquid, it went dark, so when I then added the blue food colouring it went GREEN. Bugger. Of course it needed to be blue, D'Arcy is a devotee of the old camp 60s Batman, and blue would not do. It was too late to get more icing sugar (and butter) so I had to wait until the morning. All worked out well in the end, as you can see.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?