Thursday, November 24, 2005

hand puppet


hand puppet
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
So I was on the phone yesterday with the beloved (as you do), and D'Arcy was amusing himself with an envelope and pen near by. I could hear him chatting to himself along the lines of "now, what else is on a human? ah, EARS!". When I looked up at him I caught him looking at me, and then furtively drawing what he had seen. When I asked him what he was up to, he said "making a hand puppet". I asked if it was a person "No, it's a monkey". "With a necklace? And ear-rings?" So the jury is out. I reckon it's a portrait of the artist's mother, the artist claims it's a picture of a monkey. All I know is it has a tummy, with a navel, and if you turn it over, it has a bottom (fortunately he decided not to put in the boobies). I'd also like to draw attention to the eyelashes, and the shoulders (and if this doesn't draw the beloved out of the woodwork for a comment, nothing will!)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?