Friday, November 04, 2005

Miracle (of a sort - actually a fairly dull story of loss and recovery)

It's been very sunny lately (in between the cloud and thunderstorms, typical SE Aus late spring weather), so yesterday I was driving along squinting, and rummaging in my handbag at the lights going "bugger" a lot. "What's wrong?" comes the voice from the back seat. "Can't find my sunnies. I know I had them on Monday 'cos I was wearing them on my head at work and Phil laughed at me, and now they're not in my handbag and they're not in this bag, and they're not on the seat of the car, and I can't even find the case for them". "Well you _must_ have left them at work then" he says. "Hmm" say I, ever sceptical, ever pessimistic. So today, drove to work, swearing at the brightness, run an errand for the boss, cursing all the more. Return to work and finish up my shift, collect together all my crap and shopping for the day. I'm finally ready to leave when I go to chat to a coworker. There on a shelf under some random stuff, I see something familiar. It's the clip on the outside of my sunnies case, and yes, somehow they were at work, in the case, and not actually lost at all. I sing praises to the 5 year old, and leave (to pick him up). He's kind of underwhelmed (next-to-whelmed?) at my excitement but humours me anyway. He's so sweet. The day finished with him lying in bed, having convinced me that he was just too tired to even contemplate cleaning his teeth, and saying "mummy, do you have a bucket?"and me saying "what, here in the bedroom?" "yes" "hang on, I'll have a look...(leaning over to look under the bed...why?" "because I feel like I need to have a vomit" Critical mother's eye suggests otherwise - his colour is fine...I'll let you know how it pans out, but sleep with one ear functioning, ready for the call of "mum! get the bucket"

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?