Thursday, February 02, 2006

We have a phone!!!!


house
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
Finally, the big day arrived - the guys came to install the phone, broadband and cable tv....after an hour and a half they had the phone functioning, but bugger all from the cable box. So still I wait for the internet access of my dreams.

Other news, this is a photo of D'Arcy swinging from his rope in the tree in the back yard. Since the swinging the rope has stretched and his back scrapes the ground, so we need to fine tune it all, but he seems to like it. Notice the asbestos/cement sheet roof on the house.

He starts school next week, and is not looking forward to it at all. He doesn't like the idea of all day every day, and says he will miss me, and his dad, and Nippy (the cat). I believe him too. I'll miss him. I reckon I'll do some volunteering at the school once life calms down a bit. The beloved arrives at the end of that first week (not the best timing, but that is how it is I guess.)

I've had a house guest a few nights a week - Phil from work who has a house in the mountains, but whose town house arrangements recently fell through, so I offered him a few weeks of 2 nights a week in the spare room in exchange for some work around the house. He has excelled himself by fixing the 'asbestos cupboard' as it is known (laundry cupboard with big holes in the asbestos sheeting). He's covered it with new cement sheet, sealed and painted, with help from D'Arcy who asked all day today "when is Phil coming back?" He loves a project, my boy. There are some photos of that at Flickr.

Bloody hot here 35+ for days on end, somebody make it stop!

D just wandered out of the bedroom down the hallway to find me. 10pm. First time he's ever done it at night, but usually I'm reading in bed with him. So I'd better get off to bed anyway.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?