Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mouse:5 Mummy Crit:0

Which sums it up. We have the world's smartest mouse, or the world's worst mousetraps. Bloody Shoprite. My mum has leant us one of those plastic ones like a big peg which she reckons do the trick. We'll see about that. I'm sick of running the mouse soup kitchen. I want it to be dead. We know that mice ar very fond of:peaches; pawpaw; peanut butter; and bacon fat (even tho it doesn't start with'p').

I did the second half of the school's 'volunteer training program' today. Very interesting, so now I can be one of the people who listens to the kids read. Scary, but exciting. Got into an argument with my stepfather this evening about phonics. He reckons it is great, and that the 'whole language' approach is flawed. I gotta say I reckon whole language is the way to go.I'm never in favour of teaching one thing in isolation, and more so in the area of phonics since today....anyway, it was interesting.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?