Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oh dear...

I'm having one of those "I really should update the blog" weeks, or months, or whatever. Things are just getting out of control. Not enough sleep. Too many household infestations: started with ants when we moved in; then the possum made itself known coming in and out of the roof; now we have a mouse (as of the last few days) and I'm too lazy/disorganised a housekeeper to clean up properly. I did get the beloved to buy mousetraps at the stupid market on his way home the other day, but one busted when I was trying to set it, and the other is difficult to set, with the end result that the mouse came by, flogged the food from the trap, and went on its merry way. The night before it ate half a pawpaw. The night before that it ate half a peach - kind of like The Very Hungry Caterpillar I guess. Speaking of which, the lemon tree has not one, but two floppy orchard caterpillars on it (hi Davy). If the tree weren't so small I wouldn't worry so much, but they've eaten all the new growth. I need to get a Mexican orange blossom to feed them.

D'Arcy is making himself unpopular with me by being really obnoxious (telling me to shut up) and refusing to eat anything other than pasta with cheese, and fruit for dinner. Not helped by the fact that his dad bribes him with soft drinks and biscuits, and money to spend on chips at the school canteen. So now I'm the nasy one.

We did go to see Circus Oz eventually, minus the human cannonball, which was good fun. Realised that one of the performers is a local in the second half, a guy I've been watching doing tricks for about ten years. He's still great. There should be some photos with this, but I'm just too tired to get up and grab the cable for the camera (story of my life), and of course we wern't allowed to take them at the circus.

I should drag my exhausted body to bed. I'll try to be more upbeat next post...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?