Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Feeling better


Nippy
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
I thought I'd write a post about the cat, but I'm aware that that is not a new concept.

She is feeling better, is up to pissing on the floor, but is also eating more now. When I took her back to the vet after a week of being at my house the vet asked "is this the same cat you brought me a week ago" on that visit we didn't think she'd last the week. This time she said "you could get another 12 good months out of her". Of course D'Arcy is happy about this. He's also thrilled that she is here at my place. She stays inside all the time, on the grounds that she's so old she'd be unable to defend any kind of territory, but she could still catch and eat things. She also gets freaked out by going outside, and tends to piss inside more.

School is getting better for D'Arcy. His reading is improving, he now sounds out words (and often works them out) before he says "I don't know" and uses some little mnemonics to remember the everyday words you see a lot (t-h-e spells the and the) which is good.

He's making friends better now the cliques are relaxing a bit. Most of the kids in his class went to either one of two govt preschools, I think D is the only one who didn't go. So the first few weeks the kids who went to preschool A only hung with each other and the same with the kids from preschool B. Fortunately some of the kids fromm preschool A also went to D'Arcy's child care, so he knew them, and could kind of hang on the outside of the clique. Well, now the kids from preschools A and B are playing with each other, and including D'Arcy. He's had lots of invitations to go around and play at other kids' houses, and we've invited some around too. It's still that thing where I'm trying to figure out whether I want to be friends with the mums of the kids he wants to be friends with. So far the one he's played with most, I'm not really drawn to but I sould give it time really. I tend to be a bit harsh a lot of the time when I meet new people (worried that they don't like me mostly) so I fail to act in a friendly and welcoming manner for a long time. Gotta change that I s'pose.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?