Thursday, May 25, 2006

Autumn


Maple
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
I love Autumn. One of the reasons I bought this house was the trees, this Japanese maple in the front, and the big Chinese elm in the back. The elm doesn't do much in the autumn, except drop its leaves and seeds, but the maple is great. Bright yellow leaves. They're both good climbing trees, but the maple is easier to get into. While I was away on the weekend all the leaves fell off it so it looks very different now. It also makes lovely little helicopters to throw around. Today's after-school activity will be raking I think. I have to go to the hardware store and buy some of the funky 'leaf hands' that enable you to get the leaves from the pile on the ground into the wheelbarrow or bag to move them. We got our first cold weather gas bill the other day. Not quite as much as I'd expected, which is a relief. Especially as we're thinking of doing another QLD trip this year.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?