Sunday, May 14, 2006

Long overdue


sitting
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
I found this photo in my archives. It's from November last year. D'Arcy is sitting on his buddy from the playgroup we went to. The activity of the day was to make garlands and do some maypole dancing. D got bored early on in the process. Jenara is looking a LOT like her uncle Alex who I used to play with when I was their age.

In more recent news, we're still sick. I have the barking cough now. It rocks. Or not, as the case may be.

Yesterday D wnted a kebab for dinner. He had been to a friends birthday party earlier in the day, and reportedly eaten not much, but had a lot to drink (not THAT kind of drink), and run around like a maniac, So it was not at all surprising when, as we walked to the kebab shop that he announced he had a sore tummy. "What kind of sore?" I asked. "Like I'm going to have a vomit" "Right. Well, let's stop here a minute. If you need to vomit, do it on this tree" Fifteen seconds later, out it all came, very red. We were almost outside the kebab shop, and I suggested that we go home. "NO, I want a kebab. I'm hungry". After few minutes of arguing, I relented (after all, the worst thing that could happen was that he'd spew again) and he wolfed it down, followed (at home) by a fromage frais, a mandarin, some pomegranate, a lot of water, and an episode of Iron Chef. Just as he was going to sleep he said "My tummy hurts" again, so I got the bucket and prepared for a night of purging. Not to be, however. He slept like a log (not a baby - we all know they wake up every two hours and need a lot of attention).

Mother's day was good, apart from feeling sick. We went to church this morning, which was fun. The beloved had organised a present for D to give to me (and got me some flowers). Then we watched an episode of said present (which D'Arcy loves) and headed off to my mum's for afternoon tea. Four generations in attendance, with my stepfather's mum putting in an appearance.

Now I'm on the sofa waiting for my dinner, haing successfully dropped D'Arcy off at his dad's. Don't think I can last much longer though - my head hurts like anything.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?