Saturday, August 05, 2006

Science project pt VI


science project pt VI
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
Almost time to pot it up I guess. I had no idea it would grow so tall as just a shoot, but there you go.

Today would seem to be the start of the birthday party season. In D'Arcy's class there are 3 birthdays close together in August (and 3 in his family!), 4 in September and another 4 in October. Fortunately the two sets of twins are part of this springtime spawning (so it's only 3 parties in each month), and of course D'Arcys birthday is in there too. So this afternoon he is off to Miho's house for home-made wood-fired pizza in their newly completed oven. Tomorrow he's dressing up as a princess, prince or pirate for Leeta, and then in 2 weeks he'll be Harry Pottering with Hannah. I'm not looking forward to the days when you need a theme for your kids parties, I kinda like it where they just all get together and play stuff. I know that there will be some scarily 'organised' parties in September with the mothers that I just can't like, no matter how much I try...There's something not real about them. Aliens from another world, perhaps? Miho's mum is one that I'd seen and liked the look of, and so encouraged to D play with her. Very manipulative, I know, but I'm not sure I can stand to do it any other way.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?