Saturday, September 30, 2006

Thursday Night Fever


Disco
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
There was a disco at school on Thursday night to raise money for...er...Oxfam, I think...as organised by the SRC. D'Arcy was not very enthusiastic about attending, until Thursday when all his buddies announced they would go. I had bought him some of the purple hair spray he loves so much, and a new lavender shirt and he was on his way. It is hard getting boys all scrubbed up, especially when (as at the moment) fashion decrees that for boys, casual wear is very grunge/ripped/ugly casual, and then there is nothing until you get to very formal wear. The lavender shirt was the best I could find, and not too bad, really. However, when he arrived, all he wanted to do was hang out in the canteen with his mates and eat chips and drink milk (see Flickr). I did manage to drag him out for a few dances at the end, including a game of 'musical statues', but he really wasn't into it. he said later that 'everyone dances better than me' which surprised me. Actually, most of the boys could be found hanging in the canteen, while most of the girls were in the hall getting down. I think it was the unfamiliarity of the situation, as much as anything. It was dark. It was loud, There were flashing lights. Why the hell would anyone want to be in there? But it was fun for me, in a weird kind of way.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?