Saturday, November 18, 2006

Feeling spewy


architect?
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken.
Yesterday at lunch time I was at work, looking forward to the last hour in which I usually do random stuff rather than 'shop stuff'. My moblie phone rings and comes up as a local number I don't know. "Hello?" "Hello. Are you D'arcy's mum?" "Yes" "this is Polly, from D'Arcy's school. D'Arcy's just been sick, as they were about to go to swimming. Can you come and pick him up?" "Sure, I'm on my way"

He was a miserable boy. Fortunately he's an accomplished spewer, so had taken off all his clothes (to go to the pool) and then gone outside to throw up. Unlike his classmate earlier in the week who had announced his intentions and then let it all out on the carpet in the middle of the room. This particular bout has hit most of his class (there were only 13 kids there on Friday), and fortunately for us has mostly passed now, but I'm waiting my turn.

He's spent this morning watching Warner Brothers cartoons with The Beloved, while I got lost on YouTube, and he's spent this afternoon playing with the Cuisinaire rods he got for his birthday. Now playing 'Uno' with much cursing..."oh fuck" whispered D when the Beloved put down a 'reverse'.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?